Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jimmy Choo for Ugg Kaia Boots

What is more comfortable than a wearing pair of cozy Ugg boots in brisk and chilly weather? I have been a fan for nearly 6 years and have gone through a few pairs and even ended up giving a couple of pairs to my mom!  Though not as chic as other women's boots like Frye and Loeffler Randall, they will always be number one in comfort with a touch of cuteness.  When they first launched the Jimmy Choo for Ugg line, I thought the $595-$795 price range was way too steep for a pair Uggs especially since regular Uggs will run you less than $200.  Like my friend told me, "they are too bedazzled for me, I'll stick to my regular Uggs."  I agreed that some of them had a bit too much studding on them and were really busy looking.  Of all the styles, I liked the Kaia leopard print the most since it had an interesting blue color and also the least of amount of studs. 

When I heard they were marked down to 40% off, I hesitantly purchased them off the Nordstrom website for about $357.  When I got them in the mail, I was on the fence about keeping them since they were still kind of pricey in my opinion even with the discount.  And so they sat unused for 3 weeks until I made up my mind.  I decided to log on see what else Nordstrom had to offer and noticed that the boots were further marked down to 60% off! I chatted with an online rep and they said they would honor the price adjustment as a one time courtesy since I had passed the allotted time.  Woohoo! So I ended up getting them for $238, and that was when I promptly took them out of the box and wore them out.

So far I'm liking them.  They go well with basic and neutral outfits which I tend to usually wear anyway. They are more sturdier than the traditional Ugg and require an extra 10 seconds of tugging them on since they are slightly stiffer.  The boots feel slightly heavier than regular Uggs probably because the studs, but it's not enough to bother me.  The sheepskin lining is slightly better than the regular Uggs, but still not the same as the models from 2007 and before.  They use a better grosgrain trim than the usual satin ribbon, so overall they are well made.  I'll be looking forward to another collaboration next season if they decide to do another.  What's next? Jimmy Choo and Crocs? I'm only kidding!

Click here to check out the Kaias!

Kaias and I at dusk:)

Olivia Wilde and her Kaia Boots. source tlfan.