Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lanvin Suede Moccasins


I got these a while back in December when they were 60% off (second cut) on the Barney's website.  Previously, I've only been familar with their ballet scrunch flats.  For this style I take a 37 which is only a half size bigger than my normal and for their ballet flats I take a full size up, 37.5.  They are by far the comfiest flats I've ever owned.  They are padded around the sides to provide extra cushion when walking.  There is also a hidden wedge heel to give a little extra support.  Although suede is not my favorite shoe material by choice, it definitely goes with the moccasin style.  Lanvin has adorned these flats with a complementing grosgrain ribbon.  There were two choices that were on sale, the black and the beige.  I decided to go with the beige since I didn't own any nude colored shoes yet.

It has been nice out the last couple of weeks so I was able to wear them out on a shopping trip with my son and they were totally comfortable.  After a couple hours of wear, I had no pain or blisters of any sort which my narrow feet are prone to with new shoes. They go great with skinny pants! I totally recommend a pair of Lanvins if you're in the market for a pair of flats.  They may be pricey but usually during the season sales you can get them for 30-40% off and even more if your size makes it to the second cut.  Lanvin has pretty much perfected the ballet flat, no other brands compare in regards to fit.  Tried and true in my experience.  Hopefully I'll remember to take some modeling pictures for future posts!

Click here for brown leather Lanvin Moccasins, here for black ones, or here for lizard print.
Look for less: Click here for Boden's moccasins and here for Ugg Dakota moccasins.

Lanvin flats & moccasins



LeAnn Rimes in Lanvin mocs. source myfashioncents