Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mason by Michelle Mason Ruffle Tank Dress

I fell in love with this designer after browsing endlessly for a comfortable dress to wear to my cousin's wedding coming up in October.  This Mason by Michelle Mason ruffle tank dress in nude looked perfect because of its delicate and gorgeous ruffled bottom.  It popped up in size 2 the other day on Shopbop, so I figured why not give it a try.  I was really hoping for a size 0 but it seems like her dresses sell like hotcakes even at full price, but I was able to get it during its first markdown of 30% off paying about $286.

What I didn't like was that the neckline was too deep and kept showing my bra (cup area).  Also racer back tank style isn't my 100% fave either. The drop waist was way too big after tying it up.  It kept bunching up in a unflattering way like I had a spare tire around tummy area. Bleh! At this price if I don't love it.. it's going back.  Maybe a size 0 would have been better.. but I'll never know! So off it went back to Shopbop... so if you're looking for a size 2.. it will pop up in the next couple of weeks.

So my goal now is to find a gray or nude/beige dress! I'm unfortunately on a super strict budget now since B/F is starting a new job next week that pays significantly less.  Now I've got to work with what I have! 

I <3 ruffles

of course I'd wear a strapless bra if I kept it


Threw on a cropped cardigan from Anthropologie


source revolve clothing
source Shopbop