Friday, January 17, 2014

It's not Celine.. but comes close: Vince Blair 5 Sneaker

Celine Plaid Skates versus Vince Blair 7 Snakeskin Skates


Right now I'm loving the slip-on skate shoe trend.  The plaid Celine skates are very hot right now, but I'm not sure if I can justify the $625 price tag.  I did end up buying a pair of Vince "Blair 5" Sneaker in the black perforated black leather because of its rave reviews. 

The perforated leather style fits very comfortably right out of the box.  No break in period required.  Quality is superb and worth the price point. I'd recommend getting true size.

I'm still debating if I should return these and splurge on the Celines.  I definitely recommend the Vince Blair Sneaker if you don't want to spend a lot on a pair.  They make a great casual look which is a nice alternative from flats.  For the Vince Blair sneakers, Blair 3 has the suede upper in black and "Flint" and Blair 7 has tech fabric in "oyster" gray color.





After doing another search to find a less expensive dupe of the plaid slip on sneaker, I found Steve Madden's Ecentrcf sneaker comes very close at a fraction of a price.