Monday, October 17, 2011

Rent the Runway Fail

I chose to rent a dress from Rent the Runway as my outfit to a family member's wedding I was attending last Saturday.  When I received the Milly "Cotton Candy" ruffle dress, I was very disappointed with the condition of the dress (the one that fit)! Since they allow you to choose two sizes, I went with size 0 (my usual size) and 2.  To my dismay after upon closer inspection, the size 0 dress was in really worn condition.  I was surprised that they would actually send me a dress where many parts of the silk fabric were fraying and running, the belt loop and tie belt were missing! I tried it on and it looked like the dress had lived through many occasions and that it was being worn for the 15th time.

I reached out to RTR immediately and they offered a refund.  I spoke to them again today and they said it was minus the shipping charges.  WTF? After much arguing, she agreed to refund the $12.95 shipping fee.  Insane, what kind of company sends out a damaged dress and bags the shipping fee? I will NEVER be using them again.  If you do plan on using them, be sure to have a back up dress ready even though that totally defeats the point of renting.

They seriously need to go through inventory and weed out the POS dresses.


Looking good so far but...

Ruffle sleeves looking incredibly worn and gross